Walking up to a squad car

Discuss Concealed Carry

Post Number:#1  Postby TWW » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 pm

The odd story from Minneapolis about a woman calling 911 and ending up getting shot by a police officer got me wondering if there is anything special concealed carriers should be doing if they call the police to report something then walk up to a squad car when it arrives. I am assuming the person did not say anything to make the law enforcement people think they are armed and the weapon is well concealed. I am not talking about the aftermath of a self defense incident.

I have heard a lot about what to do when stopped while driving but this is a different situation. I saw a dash am video on the Internet where an officer jumped over a guard rail then held his hands palm up so the officer involved in the shooting could see they were empty. I do not know if that is a good idea or not for civilians to do. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
It never happens to anyone – until it does.
TWW
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Walking up to a squad car

Post Number:#2  Postby 1845 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Good question. l have never thought of it. For sure keep your hands out of your pockets.
Random avatar
Plinker
Plinker

Re: Walking up to a squad car

Post Number:#3  Postby ksks » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:34 pm

One time I came up to a cop in his car in a small town to ask questions about neighborhood safety.

I was behind his car so I made a wide swing around to the side where he could seem me. I walked up with my hands down but to the front with my palms out so he could see.

Seems everyone is skittish now. The more caution and communication the better.
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Return to Concealed Carry