Sometimes it really is the gun.

Discuss Handguns

Post Number:#1  Postby SidecarMike » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:38 pm

To begin, this will be about a handgun, but I have to preface it a bit.
Many years ago, I used to shoot with a couple of friends who owned some really nice rimfires. One had a High Standard Military Citation and a Beretta 76 and another had a Smith & Wesson Model 41.

Loved shooting both the 76 and the 41, but that 41 just felt like an extension of my arm. We only killed tin cans, so I never really thought about accuracy, but the Smith just felt so good I promised myself I would own one. I even bought and still have, the pellet gun version, the S&W 78G. Then I found out what they cost. Hard to justify.
The last time I was at the indoor range, the guy next to me was shooting one. :roll: I started looking.
I found one I could afford, 3 hours away! Everything I remembered, and more. I'm a decent shot, but no marksman. With this thing I think I could hit the black with my eyes closed.

Now getting back to the title of this dissertation. My wife's idea of accuracy is putting all the bullets inside a paper plate. Last Saturday we went to the range. She emptied a couple magazines with her Thunder and with her Buckmark. As usual, all over the paper. Then she picked up the 41. Emptied the 12 round magazine and hit two X's, two 10 rings, five 9's, and three 8s. :shock: Second magazine was all 9s and 10s. Shooting at NRA timed pistol targets at 17 yards. She surprised herself. This was before I put the red dot on it.
After that she went back to her Buckmark, but with a determination to match her results. Suddenly shooting isn't just a way to stay familiar with the gun.
Last night she asked me to mount a red dot on her Browning. At this rate she'll want to join pistol league. :bthumb:
Attachments
102_5792.JPG
Bad men excuse their faults. Good men abandon them.
Mike
SidecarMike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Sometimes it really is the gun.

Post Number:#2  Postby Marc-Wi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:34 am

Ah yes, those 41s do shoot don't they.
God save the Republic.
III
Wi Oathkeepers
WIFORCE, life
NRA patron
Random avatar
Marc-Wi
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Sometimes it really is the gun.

Post Number:#3  Postby Cheap Shot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:31 am

Besides being accurate, comfortable, and fun to shoot; that 41 is one of the best looking guns ever made. :drooly:

Congratulations.
Cheap Shot
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Return to Handguns