Finally! With Range report.

Discuss Handguns

Post Number:#1  Postby RobertS » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:00 pm

Brew City Shooters Supply was the one that got my gun, a Walther PPS M2.

I'll back up a bit, because the entire day was rather remarkable, but I'll just start after work. I was heading to the place and got pulled over. I don't have a front license plate on my car, never had one, I don't think, so the cop stopped me for that. I actually forgot to tell him about my guns, which were in the range bag next to me, but I was annoyed and embarrassed. I really had no excuse for not, other than I think I wasn't able to attach it and simply disregarded it for 15 years. That's right. Fifteen years before I was finally pulled over for it.

Anyway, the cop said I had a perfect record and he was letting me off with a warning.

I get to BCSS and look the gun over. Tested grip, wall, break and reset and decided to buy. While the guy was getting paperwork, I took it down to wipe off shipping oil.

With a gun purchase, you get free range time. I started off with a casual first five:

Then moved on to improving my aim at 7-8 yards:

Then moved up to 10 yards:

After that, I went out to 25 yards:

Yeah, needs work. Hickok45 is going to remain the reigning champ for a long time.

Did some double taps at 7 yards. First at the body. No too bad, then tried for the head, hit the target holder which ripped my target down the side. Once I was down to the last 50 rounds, I switched over to my PPQ long slide, so feel the new grips.

Did 10 in double taps (which kind of went to rapid fire, briefly) to the chest. Then 10 in double taps to the head, which on the fourth round hit the holder again and knocked my target off. Range time over.

My experience:

100 rounds of 115 gr Remington UMC. No FTFs, FTEs and one failure of the slide to lock back, but I'm thinking I thumbed the release, because I became more conscious of my thumbs after that and didn't have a problem there after.
50 rounds of 124 gr Blazer Brass. No issues.
50 Rounds of 115 Blazer Brass. No issues.

I was told about a possible trigger bite if your finger is too low and sure enough, I was feeling it, but not bad. Some people got raw points on their trigger finger, but I twist wire all day, so while I felt it, it didn't ruff up my skin.

All in all, I great single stack that feels really good to hold. It's going to be a good summer carry.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Finally! With Range report.

Post Number:#2  Postby ksks » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:14 pm

I'm glad you finally got it, esp after all the trouble you had with the other shop.

Nice shooting. Have fun!

ksks
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Return to Handguns