Sunday at McMiller's

Post Your Range Reports Here

Sunday at McMiller's

Post Number:#1  Postby RobertS » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:07 pm

The first time I've been there.

Fun day. Lots of ARs all over the place and one guy was shooting a musket, believe it or not. I should have gotten a picture of it.

Finally got the AR dialed in, but I'm thinking of removing the front sight. It's in the way:

For the day, I bought a cheap spotting scope. The scope itself is good for the $95 I spent, but the tripod is a pos:

There's a BUIS group in this, but it's mostly RD:

120 rnds American Eagle 62 gr 5.56
about 15-18 rounds of 55 gr American Eagle .223

Not one problem.
Last edited by RobertS on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Sunday at McMiller's

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Sunday at McMiller's

Post Number:#2  Postby ksks » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Nice
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#3  Postby RobertS » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Another Sunday at McMiller's.

I bought 240 rounds of American Eagle 55gr 5.56 and shot it all with the same Bushmaster, which is starting to feel more comfortable trigger wise.

Here is what I saw this time:

Several dads teaching their kids, both sons and daughters. Good on you guys.

One asked if my AR was new. No, it just doesn't get used much. At least, not yet. When I get my shell caddies and an AR mag holster, I'll be ready for comps.

A man that was shooting what I'm pretty sure was a Smith and Wesson 500. The air was really concussed when he fired. There was a couple there shooting both an AR and an AK. These two had a lot of magazines.

A lot of .22 plinkers.

On to me now. All work done on the 50 yrd range.

Strangely, I had to re-zero. It was shooting low and right, but once that was done, it was good again.

There is 10 rounds standing and unsupported shooting in this pic, but most were from rest (the ones that landed outside the circle, yeah, those were part of the SU shots):

This next one was mostly standing and unsupported, but there was 10 in there from rest:

And lastly, all shots here were standing and unsupported. On the last group of 10, I got a warning to slow it down. Sorry guy. I just shot my last:

Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#4  Postby ksks » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Looks fun!

I was listening to Tom Gresham and he was talking about how important it is to support the fore end and stock with bags so it doesn't move. Then site it in. I've been guilty of not doing that.
Consideration of limiting the power of the state, in favor of individual liberty, should be at the core of every law.
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Post Number:#5  Postby RobertS » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:51 pm

ksks wrote:
I was listening to Tom Gresham and he was talking about how important it is to support the fore end and stock with bags so it doesn't move. Then site it in. I've been guilty of not doing that.

That's what you do to zero and for simple marks. But since I'm planning on taking this gun into competition, I need to learn standing, unsupported shooting. Something we never did in Basic.
Random avatar
RobertS
Sniper
Sniper

Post Number:#6  Postby ksks » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:51 pm

Ive been enjoying your escapades back into the world of guns.
Soon to be featured on Top Gun!
Random avatar
ksks
Jedi
Jedi

Return to Range Reports