Anyone heard of Precision Shooting in Milwaukee?

Discuss General Issues

Advertisement

Advertisement

Post Number:#1  Postby SirRipo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Was cruising around Armslist looking at optics, and happened to see a listing for some interesting-looking Eotech clones. LINK HERE

The link on the page leads HERE - where the prices seem pretty good for what they claim to be offering. $225 for an XPS-style sight, $235 for a 556/512/etc clone, and $300 for an ACOG clone. However, my Google-fu has failed me and I can't seem to dig up ANYTHING on the company (probably due to the generic name of Precision Shooting). Anyone ever heard of them or dealt with them? Website says they've been in business since '08 - just trying to find out if it might be worth a shot to stick on my range toy.
SirRipo

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Anyone heard of Precision Shooting in Milwaukee?

Post Number:#2  Postby Reality_Czech » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:16 pm

I've never heard of them, but their prices seem pretty good. I couldn't find a physical address on the website and I find it a little bothersome that they keep saying they are based in "Wisconsin Milwaukee." It reminds me of those grammatical errors in Nigerian emails. It might be totally legit though.
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." -- Ronald Reagan
Reality_Czech
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#3  Postby Cheap Shot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm going to guess that they probably don't have a physical presence in "Wisconsin Milwaukee" (or maybe not even the USA).

They also don't seem to want to give you any way to contact them except through their website.

They are rather vague about their product except it's made in Germany and has Nikon glass.

Doesn't smell good to me.
Cheap Shot
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#4  Postby Mr1911 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:23 pm

I've never heard of them.

Judging by some of the pics that show furnishings in the background (speaker, sofa, lamp, etc), my guess is its a home based business. Perhaps a "drop ship" business? Not that a home business or drop ship business are a bad thing. I agree the "Wisconsin Milwaukee" thing seems odd. :?:

I searched "precision shooting" in armslist, and their listings came up everywhere - in many states. I haven't searched the web, but maybe there are some reviews out there. Being in business for at least 4 years (located in Wisconsin Milwaukee since 2008), you'd think one would find something about them somewhere.
M1911 - Proven reliable service for 100 years, and counting...
Senior Moderator

Post Number:#5  Postby chyit » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 pm

I thought it was strange also that they didn’t give much in the lines of detail about the products. I would not take a chance based on the info they provided.
Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Random avatar
chyit
Weapon Master
Weapon Master

Post Number:#6  Postby SirRipo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:59 am

Yeah, my concerns (and those of a friend/coworker) are pretty much the same as what's been stated so far. Just figured I'd ask around on the off chance that someone knew about them or had some experience. I'll pass on it for now.
SirRipo

Post Number:#7  Postby acepilot » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:23 am

Cheap Shot wrote:I'm going to guess that they probably don't have a physical presence in "Wisconsin Milwaukee" (or maybe not even the USA).

They also don't seem to want to give you any way to contact them except through their website.

They are rather vague about their product except it's made in Germany and has Nikon glass.

Doesn't smell good to me.

I was wondering what that stink was! Sounds shakey to me too.

Ace
acepilot
Range Master
Range Master

Post Number:#8  Postby Badgermansheepdog » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:33 am

You would probably be better off buying a knock off eotech from eBay if you don't want a real one. At least you would get an actually product, and can check out the sellers feedback.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke
Badgermansheepdog
Plinker
Plinker

Post Number:#9  Postby GlockGuy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Mr1911 wrote:I've never heard of them.

Judging by some of the pics that show furnishings in the background (speaker, sofa, lamp, etc), my guess is its a home based business.

My thoughts as well.
GlockGuy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Number:#10  Postby Archangel » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Archangel
SharpShooter
SharpShooter

Post Number:#11  Postby bsczar1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:12 am

Sounds to me like a home business by someone whose first language isn't English, or someone who is not highly educated. Why not give them a call:

"Contact Precision Shooting
At Precision Shooting, we are available Monday through Friday to answer your questions and ensure you are 100% satisfied. Don't like email? Gives a call at (414) 949-5187 during regular business hours.

For all purchasing questions, please specify the method of payment you prefer. We accept COD (Cash on Delivery) and paypal.

For all warranty questions please include your invoice number and purchase date.

Hours
Monday 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed"

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves, and render regular troops in a great measure unnecessary...and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms..." Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer Letter #18, Jan 25, 1788

NRA, WCI, III
bsczar1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to General Discussion